Thursday, August 18, 2011

Roski luncheon, citation, and my mom rocks.

Today was finally the luncheon for the school I'm going to starting Monday (Roski School of Fine Arts in USC). It was also my first time driving to school by myself -- I didn't get lost, which is always a good thing! It was pretty awesome! I was awkward and didn't talk to too many people, but I got to learn a lot of things about being a student there, as well as info on internships and stuff like that. It definitely pumped me up, which I'm sure is what they were aiming for. Great afternoon overall, but it was totally killed when I got back to my car and noticed I had received a parking violation -- just in time for my birthday. :( Apparently the spot I was parked at was reserved only, yet I parked in it two days ago and had no problem. You live, you learn, right?

Needless to say the drive home consisted of me singing to random songs in my car and trying to cope with the fact that I had to pay money for the dumbest of reasons (some laws, man ... some laws). Well, the second I got home, I saw the postman was there. He ran after my car asking me if I live in a specific apartment unit (obviously not posting it), and I told him yes. Well, he had a package for me! A surprise package from my mom!

I rushed inside and opened the box only to find that she had sent me a ton of little gifts as an early birthday present -- all I can say is that I cried a little. Lame, I know, but to come home feeling kinda down from a ticket and to see this -- totally made my day. I was not expecting it at all! Just the surprise of recieving the gift is what moved me, the gifts themselves were secondary. I thanked her and my dad too, 'cause of course he had a hand in it somehow. :) Here are some of the goodies she got me!


A little angel sculpture. I think it's ceramic!
A panda plush. LOOK AT THOSE EYES. I love pandas.
A lace vest!
Detail.
Mini 'Paris Amour' body lotion and 'Twilight Woods' body butter from
Bath  & Body works, C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve (amazing for the lips!)
Bath & Body Works Patisserie candles, set of three.
They are so yummy! French Caramel Cake, S'mores, and Lavender Macaroon.

So beautiful, I love these!
They're both sterling silver, so no infections for me!
This wasn't a gift! It's a picture of my favorite nail color (as you can see,
I suck at applying polish). The name is My Private Jet by O.P.I.. It's this
incredible charcoal grey/nearly black color with very fine sparkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment