Sunday, August 21, 2011

My top 5 favorite lip balms/chap-sticks!

All the people around me who are close to me know I'm a massive chap-stick and lip-balm junkie. There is always one laying around in separate parts of the house, in my pocket, and in my purse. I'm constantly reapplying it on my lips, because licking them and my habit of biting my lower lip just makes them even more dry. To top it off, I have a chapped lip peeve. If I ever see someone else with chapped lips, I always have the urge to attack their lips with my chap-stick -- but, I don't. ANYWAY. Here is the list, with reasons why I love each one. I will go from least favorite to most favorite (though they're all my favorites to have around)!


5. COCONUT OIL
Surprising, right? Coconut oil is a fantastic thing to have if you're into organic/natural skin and hair care like I am. It's incredible for removing makeup and dirt off of your face (yes, even stubborn waterproof mascara, girls!) It also helps ease out any split or dry ends you may have on your hair. It's just all around an amazing thing to have! I like to use coconut oil on my lips at night, after I've cleaned my face, as it's right there. It gives your lips a soft, moist feeling without feeling to greasy or oily (unless you put on a handful of it, then I don't even know what you're doing). If you want to stay away from chemicals, this is the way to go -- but, one down side is that you can't take it around with you. The tub I have is HUMONGOUS. Be forewarned, it has a rather low melting point. During the summer time, expect it to be a liquid. During winter, it will probably turn solid. Now, enough info on that -- I totally went off topic.



4. BURT'S BEES REPLENISHING LIP BALM
with Pomegranate Oil
Let me just tell you guys, right off the bat, this stuff smells amazing. It smells like a very sweet, delicious tea. It is absolutely pleasant, not at all strong. This balm is great -- it goes on smoothly, and it was my go-to lip balm for years. It's a great way to ease-in on the brand, if you've ever wanted to try out any Burt's Bees products.



3. C.O. BIGELOW ROSE SALVE
Now I've only had this for a few days, and right off the bat I've listed it at number three on my list. This salve is just so damn good. It is very smooth -- has a soft, gel like consistency which slightly resembles Vaseline (but smoother!) In the beginning it's a bit solid and waxy, but once you work through, it because more pliable. It keeps your lips smooth and soft for a very long period of time compared to other balms and salves. The scent is light -- it doesn't smell like the usual roses your used to. It definitely does have an 'old lady' rose scent, but it's not bad at all. It just smells like the waxiness of a candle! The only down side about this and any other balms in a tin is that you have to use your finger to apply it -- unless you are supremely prepared and carry around a lip brush with you in public. This could be a bit of a hygiene issue. Other than that, it's great to put on before bed time or have by you while you're doing some work at home.



2. YES TO CARROTS LIP BUTTERS
There is a reason why these things are called 'lip butters'. Never in my life have I used a chap-stick that has glided (glid? just kidding) on so smoothly -- it genuinely is like butter. These things keep your lips soft and smooth for the LONGEST time, and they don't feel greasy or nasty. I wish I could go more in-depth, but they are just so fantastic -- try them out for yourself. I have used the Berry and Melon, and they both smell amazing!

1. EOS LIP BALM SMOOTH SPHERES
These things are amazing. Seriously. Easy to find in your purse, on your table, anywhere. The packaging is incredible -- and shocking. One of my friends thought it was a Pokeball when I pulled it out! The balm itself is so smooth and buttery, it goes on like velvet. The flavor is fantastic, and it keeps your lips soft and moist. Can it get any better? Try these out for sure -- my favorite is the green one. Currently #1 in my book. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment